THE PASSIVE: PAST PROGRESSIVE
septiembre 13, 2010
Publicado por en
We form the past progressive passive form with: was or were + being + past participle:
- I was being investigated
- you weres being investigated
- he was being investigated
- she was being investigated
- it was being investigated
- you were being investigated
- we were being investigated
- they were being investigated
Transforming the active in passive
- Active: Police officers were searching the area.
- Passive: The area was being searched.
It is simple, isn’t it?
Here more examples of past progressive passive form:
- I felt as if I was being watched.
- They claimed they were being threatened.
- This time last week our apartment was being broken into.
- The crowds cheered as their hero was being carried shoulder-high.
- Some people took photos while the old buildings were being pulled down.
It is simple, isn’t it?. See you in the next post. Bye