Now responsive website. The starting point for understanding.
PHRASAL VERBS WITH: UP
junio 23, 2010
Publicado por en
Here some examples:
- The botanist’s theory has been backed up by newly-discovered evidence.
- After his accident, Jed didn’t feel up to going to the party.
- After three weeks vacation, I had a lot of work to catch up with.
- I’m sorry to bring this up, but I found a misprint in this contract.
- I can’t get this zipper to do up, it most be broken.
- The contract for the new project will be drawn up next week.
- The completion of the new road will be held up due to a strike by construction workers.
- I’m afraid there’s no truth in the story, Geoff made it up as a joke.
- He ran up a lot of debts in the town and then disappeared without a trace.
- A new organization is being set up for those concerned about the welfare of dolphins.